Linux, MMA 3.0, XWindow problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6575] Linux, MMA 3.0, XWindow problems
  • From: amunter at ne79.ne.uiuc.edu (Alan E. Munter)
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 02:11:28 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Mathematica 3.0 seems to be running fine on my Pentium running
Linux 2.0.29, but when I try to display even simple graphics I
get only blank gray plots.  I am using the server from X Inside.
I have a window depth of 8 bits per pixel, and I am using a
PseudoColor display as the default visual mode.  Mathematica's X
Environment Informations says that it is using 216 colors, but it
must be using all of them to display the little mathematica icons
because it doesn't seem to be using them to display my graphics.

Can someone help with this?  Is more information necessary to solve
the problem?

Thanks for any help,

Alan Munter