Mathlink and VisualBASIC

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6577] Mathlink and VisualBASIC
  • From: Jeff Hammock <hammockj at email.uah.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 02:11:29 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I've been trying to access the MMA 3.0 kernal through VisualBASIC 3.0
for Win95.  Wolfram provides some sample VisBAS code in the
UnsupportedGoodies directory of MathLink which seems to work fine.

But when I try to strike out on my own, things go a little south.

I can get the Kernal launched and connected just fine, but I can't even
perform a simple task like addition.

I try things like:

	Dim x, y, z As Integer
	x=2
	y=3
	MLPutFunction(stdlnk, "Plus", 2)
	MLPutInteger(stdlnk, x)
	MLPutInteger(stdlnk, y)

	MLGetInteger(stdlnk, z)
	Print, z

Alright, admittedly I'm not an advanced programmer.  But something this
easy should (hopefully) not be as difficult as I'm making it.

Does anyone have a piece of VisualBASIC code that I can look at to get
me on track?  Or any other comments / suggestions ?

Thanks.

Matt

Matthew Smith, Ph.D.
Research Scientist