Re: Parenthesis in 3.0 plot labels

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6642] Re: [mg6581] Parenthesis in 3.0 plot labels
  • From: jpk at max.mpae.gwdg.de
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 00:34:03 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> How does one put parenthesis in 3.0 plot labels without
> Mma treating it different from other characters?  For
> example,
>
>      Plot[ Sin[ x ], {x, 0, 2 Pi },
> 	 PlotLabel -> "( Sin test )" ] ;
>
> leads to a label
>
>      H Sin test L
>
> I know the parenthesis has additional meanings in 3.0,
> but I thought including them in a String would still
> make them a character.
>
> --Ron Elsner

Hi Ron,

The parenthesis are displayed correctly ! I had just tryed it with
Mma3.0 on Solaris. Your problem is a bit different. Mma uses
the characters H and L from the Math2Mono postscript font to display
parenthensis "(" and ")". I think the fonts are not properly installed in Your
PostScrip-preview/printer/word processor.
That is not a problem of Mma. To give You furture hints I must know

- the operating system You are running (Unix/XWindow ?, Win95 ? ...)
- You PostScrip previewer (ghostview ?, ghostscript?)
- and the publishing software (TeX ?) where You want to
  include the pictures when You are printing

I can probably help with Unix & MS-Windows, not with Mac or Next.

Hope that helps
Jens