Plot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8157] Plot
  • From: Saeed Esmaily Rashid <saeedr at stud.ntnu.no>
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 1997 11:51:01 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello!

My name is Saeed Esmaily, i'm a physics student. I have a problem which I
hope someone out there can help me to solve.
The problem is: having two functions

q > 2.844*Sin[i] / Sqrt[1-Sin[i]^2] - 1

and

Sin[i] < (1 / 2.844)*(1+q)*(0.38+0.2 Log[q])

I would like to plot a graph combining these two functions. As is apparent
from the equations these are transcendental, so cutting point of the graph
gives me the desiered solution. I am using Mma 3.0.0. The question is how
can I incoporate this problem in Mma 3.0.0. I tried with ParametricPlot but
it does not work.

Thanks