Re: Re: [Q]contour integral in MMA3.0

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8035] Re: [mg7990] Re: [Q]contour integral in MMA3.0
  • From: Mark Evans <evans at gte.net>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Aug 1997 22:32:43 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Paul,

I downloaded your paper (ftp://www.pd.uwa.edu.au/pub/ATCM/Abbott.nb) and
would like to thank you for demonstrating some nice ways to use
Mathematica.  I especially appreciated the examples of contour
integration.

Perhaps you could help me with a minor related issue.  Suppose I want to
write a double or triple integral in Mathematica.  My experience with
3.0 has been that the outer integral signs enlarge themselves to enclose
the inner integral signs, contrary to common notation.  When the
integral signs are immediately adjacent to each other, one would like to
see them all the same size.  That is how double and triple integrals are
written.  Do you know how to accomplish this result in such a way that
the expression will be valid Mathematica input?

Best,

Mark Evans