Re: postscript problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8312] Re: postscript problems
  • From: weber at math.uni-bonn.de (Matthias Weber)
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 13:24:29 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <5tbmc1$jod at smc.vnet.net>, j preen <JAMES at maths.uz.zw> wrote:

> hi Steve,
> On 11 Aug 97 at 23:57, steve at smc.vnet.net wrote:
> :Please give more detail of the kind of file you are dealing with
> :and how you produced it.
> ok. using mma 3, i get a plot (say Plot[Sin[x],{x,0,6}). highlight the plot
> and use Edit|Save Selection As|EPS to save the file. (but the same thing also
> happens if i use save as LaTeX).
>   i transfer the file from mac to pc (using ftp, or whatever, the file is
> readable on both sides). i can view the file using psview and/or ghostview
> (versions 2.2 and 4.03) respectively, but the problem occurs when i try to
> include the file in a LaTeX2e file using dvips. so is it a problem with
> dvips (5.74) or with mathematica ? dvips works fine with all other
> postscript files we have created in some other systems, etc.
>     is this enough information for you ?
>       thanks for any help you can offer,

This is a bug in Mma 3.0. To get rid of it, you can either
buy the bug-fix Mma 3.01 or follow the instructions on

http://www.wolfram.com/support/Graphics/Formats/EPS/FrontEndFix.html

which works for me. It is also possible to modify the exported
epsf file by hand which might be usefull if you are using
Mathematica from the CD rom and can´t/don´t want to exchange
the headers file.

By the way, is there anybody who has found the above page by browsing
or searching for it without having the link already? I think it is
*really* hard to find.

Matthias Weber