Math PostScript fonts fot LaTeX2e

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8337] Math PostScript fonts fot LaTeX2e
  • From: jpk at max.mpae.gwdg.de
  • Date: Sun, 24 Aug 1997 13:24:53 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear Mathgroup,

I have just finished the beta version of virtual TeX fonts that refer
to the beautifull Math*.pfa fonts of Mathematica 3.0.

As You probably know TeX works originaly with printer resolution
depend bitmap fonts. Getting a bitmap free TeX is a quite expensive.

Mma 3.0 comes with a full set of mathematical symbols. I have
created the virtual fonts for TeX and a LaTeX2e style file that
declares many of the new symbols introduced by the Mma fonts.

Before I put a ``final'' version of it on MathSource I woulde like
to get some feedback about

- the naming of the symbols in TeX
- additional symbols in the fonts
- the quality of the output on different PostScript printers

So I am serching for people who

- using Mathematica 3.0
- LaTe2e
- having psnfss installed

In the beta release only the *.tfm, *.vf files and the
style file are included. The final release will contain the
input files for fontinst for private modification.

Please send a mail with MmaTexFont subject to

kuska at osf2.mpae.gwdg.de

to obtain a TDS conform zip/tar.gz file.

Thanks in advance

Jens