Re: Interpolation on irregular grid

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8360] Re: Interpolation on irregular grid
  • From: newsmgr at merrimack.edu
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 02:22:57 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

From: flip at tvl.psy.ohio-state.edu ("flip phillips (at home)")
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net

Use a Delaunay triangulation and re-interpolate at a regular interval.
Also, Tom Wickham-Jones has a very nice MathLink program that does this
making a class of InterpolationFunction that does just what you need. It's
from the 'ExtendGraphics' library of stuff that is part of his book on MMa
Graphics.

good luck