non-regular regions

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8373] non-regular regions
  • From: Cetin.Haftaoglu at bam.de (Cetin Haftaoglu)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 20:41:07 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I am looking for an easy way to plot data on non-regular (i.e.
non-rectangular) regions.

To be more specific:

I am trying to plot orientation-dependent physical properties of a material
(single crystals) with ContourPlot on a so-called orientation triangle used
by material science people. This non-rectangular region (the region borders
are determined by functions of the independent variables!) results from a
stereographic projection.

Furthermore, how can I put a legend to the isolines (ContourShading->false
option) in that case.

Thanks in advance!

Cetin