"PlotField2D'? (In between PlotField and PlotField3D?)

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8378] "PlotField2D'? (In between PlotField and PlotField3D?)
  • From: siegman at ee.stanford.edu (AES)
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 1997 20:41:13 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Given three functions fx, fy,fz, all functions of  (x,y)   only, I want to
plot an array of 3D vectors coming up out of the  (x,y)  plane.
(Essentially its a vector flow field coming up out of a surface.)

I'm sure I can kluge something up to do this, but is there a solution
already? -- maybe PlotField3D with a very small value of  zmax-zmin ?