Combining ListPlots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8064] Combining ListPlots
  • From: "Greg Keogh" <greg at werple.net.au>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 1997 01:47:47 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello from Melbourne Australia,

I want to display two or more joined ListPlots on top of each
other. My problem is that each of the individual ListPlots is
being displayed before the combined one. I can't figure out how
to suppress display of the individual plots.

The real tables I'm plotting are actually from a complicated
optical system, but for the purposes of illustration the
following tiny sample using PrimePi and LogIntegral is almost
identical to what the real program is doing:

plot1 = Table[{x,PrimePi[x]},{x,2,50}];
plot2 = Table[{x,LogIntegral[x]},{x,2,50}];
Show[ListPlot[plot1,PlotJoined->True],ListPlot[plot2,PlotJoined->True]]

This produces three ListPlots, the individual ones for plot1 and
plot2, then the combined one appears.

What is the neatest way of producing a single combined ListPlot?

Cheers,
Greg Keogh
<greg at werple.net.au>

Ps. Please cc replies to my email address, we check the mail frequently.