Re: TeXForm for matrices?

Jeffrey Vetter wrote:

> I would like the TeXForm for matricies to print the matricies as they look
> under MatrixForm, but I can't do a TeXForm[MatrixForm[a]]. Does anyone
> have a suggestion? Thx.

In[1]:=
TeXForm[MakeBoxes[{{a,b},{c,d}}//MatrixForm]]

Out[1]//TeXForm=
\Big(\MathBegin{MathArray}[c]{cc}
	a&b \\
	c&d

     \MathEnd{MathArray}\Big)

The \MathBegin{MathArray} and \MathEnd{MathArray} macros are defined in
notebook.sty, the latest copy of which can be found at

ftp://mathsource.com/pub/outgoing/TeXSave/notebook.sty

--
P.J. Hinton
Mathematica Programming Group           paulh at wolfram.com
Wolfram Research, Inc.                  http://www.wolfram.com/~paulh/