Re: Combining ListPlots

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8083] Re: Combining ListPlots
  • From: "Seth J. Chandler" <SChandler at uh.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 1997 03:22:53 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

>I want to display two or more joined ListPlots on top of each
>other. My problem is that each of the individual ListPlots is
>being displayed before the combined one. I can't figure out how
>to suppress display of the individual plots.

The piece of the puzzle you're missing is the option DisplayFunction. If
you set DisplayFunction->Identity in your original Plots and then set
DisplayFunction->$DisplayFunction in your Show expression, you will get
the desired behavior.

$DisplayFunction is just MMa's default display procedure for graphics.
For more complex stuff, you might also want to look into the standard
Graphics`MultipleListPlot package.

Seth J. Chandler
Associate Professor of Law
University of Houston Law Center