Mathematica Art

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg8120] Mathematica Art
  • From: fractalier at aol.com (Fractalier)
  • Date: Tue, 12 Aug 1997 00:55:00 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have recently been given access to Mathematica 2.2 but have little
knowledge about it's use and syntax, etc...  The professor who turned me
on to it intimated that it had a rather steep learning curve so I thought
I would approach all of you first....

I am very interested in generating interesting 3D solids for texture
mapping and rendering...I have used another system quite a lot in the past and
have done quite a bit with Spherical-Harmonics-type 3D forms in both
spherical and cylindrical coordinates.  Please visit www.lifesmith.com to
see what I mean.

What I need is some simple instruction, code fragments, pointers,
suggestions, anything that allows me to hit the ground running so to
speak...My old prof raves about this program and its
wonderful graphics capabilities but doesn't have the time to devote to
me....

Thank you very much in advance.  Kindly post your replies here or e-mail
me at fractali at www.lifesmith.com.

Take care,

Jeff Berkowitz, M.S.
Fractalier/Owner