f[x] as top axis in ListPlot

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6201] f[x] as top axis in ListPlot
  • From: sherod at newton.Colorado.EDU (Scott Herod)
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 02:54:08 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

A quick question about something that may be trivial now in 3.0.

I have two list of numbers, x[n] and y[n].  x[n] is monotone.  I would like
to ListPlot[y[n]] but have the top axis be marked in increments of x[n].
Is this simple?  I think that I will just make my own axis and x tick
marks and superimpose it on the plot of y.

Scott Herod