NoteBookAutoSave, ToolBars--documented features, but do they exist?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg6203] NoteBookAutoSave, ToolBars--documented features, but do they exist?
- From: bhunt at brians.umd.edu (Brian R. Hunt)
- Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 02:54:17 -0500
- Organization: University of Maryland, College Park
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have observed before that of the 3 advertised ToolBars in 3.0, the EditBar seems nonexistent in the Unix version and the LinksBar seems nonexistent or at least non-functional in both the Windows and Unix versions. If I am incorrect I would like to know. More recently I try to set NoteBookAutoSave to True in the Option Inspector and nothing happens, whether the scope of my setting is "global" or "notebook" or both. This is for both the Windows and Unix versions. The documentation says the notebook should be automatically saved after each evaluation. I would be interested to know if auto-save works for anybody, under any circumstances. More generally, if these documented features are merely "placeholders" for things that are not-yet-implemented, it would be useful to have a list of not-yet-implemented features so I don't keep scratching my head wondering if I am doing something wrong. -- Brian R. Hunt bhunt at ipst.umd.edu