NoteBookAutoSave, ToolBars--documented features, but do they exist?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6203] NoteBookAutoSave, ToolBars--documented features, but do they exist?
  • From: bhunt at brians.umd.edu (Brian R. Hunt)
  • Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 02:54:17 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have observed before that of the 3 advertised ToolBars in 3.0, the
EditBar seems nonexistent in the Unix version and the LinksBar seems
nonexistent or at least non-functional in both the Windows and Unix
versions.  If I am incorrect I would like to know.

More recently I try to set NoteBookAutoSave to True in the Option
Inspector and nothing happens, whether the scope of my setting is
"global" or "notebook" or both.  This is for both the Windows and Unix
versions.  The documentation says the notebook should be automatically
saved after each evaluation.  I would be interested to know if
auto-save works for anybody, under any circumstances.

More generally, if these documented features are merely "placeholders"
for things that are not-yet-implemented, it would be useful to have a
list of not-yet-implemented features so I don't keep scratching my
head wondering if I am doing something wrong.

--
Brian R. Hunt
bhunt at ipst.umd.edu