Live[ ]

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg6218] Live[ ]
  • From: Paul Blanchard <paul at math.bu.edu>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 03:21:36 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi,

I've occasionally used the Live[ ] function in Mathematica 2.2 on our
SGI's here for classroom demonstrations. Now with a recent upgrade,
Live[ ] is no longer supported. I contacted WRI and was told that
there are no plans to support Live[ ] in future versions of
Mathematica.

Is there some other way to obtain the same result, i.e., rotate 3D
graphics generated in Mathematica in real time?

Thanks.
--

                                     Paul Blanchard
                                     Boston University