Live[ ]

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg6218] Live[ ]
  • From: Paul Blanchard <paul at>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Feb 1997 03:21:36 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I've occasionally used the Live[ ] function in Mathematica 2.2 on our
SGI's here for classroom demonstrations. Now with a recent upgrade,
Live[ ] is no longer supported. I contacted WRI and was told that
there are no plans to support Live[ ] in future versions of

Is there some other way to obtain the same result, i.e., rotate 3D
graphics generated in Mathematica in real time?

                                     Paul Blanchard
                                     Boston University
                                     Department of Mathematics
                                     111 Cummington St.