Re: Wierd Characters in Mathematica 3.0!
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5897] Re: [mg5795] Wierd Characters in Mathematica 3.0!
- From: skipper at worldnet.att.net
- Date: Sun, 2 Feb 1997 01:33:46 -0500
- Organization: AT&T WorldNet Services
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
On 26 Jan 1997 14:45:01 -0500, sfhk at earthlink.net (Sam) wrote: >I am having this problem with Mathematica3....whenever I type [ >mathematica displays an @ symbol and when I type ] it prints D. It's >very wierd. Is it supposed to do this? Thanks in advance. > > Seems like a lot of people are having that problem. This is how I fixed it: First go to c:\windows\fonts and delete all the mathematica fonts(Math1.......math5). Then goto program files\common files\mathematica\3.0\frontend and delete the ini file. Replce this file with the ini file in your mathematica directory. On my machine it's in c:\mathem30\pc\files\configuration\kernal. Next, replace the fonts in your Windows directory with the fonts in your mathematica directory.Again, it may be different on your machine, but on mine it's in c:\mathem30\pc\files\systemfiles\fonts. Restart Mathematica and your problem should be gone!