Surface Interpolation

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5905] Surface Interpolation
  • From: uniqname at umich.edu
  • Date: Tue, 4 Feb 1997 00:03:23 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have irregularly spaced data points on the surface of 3D object.  I
would like to generate a triangle or polygon interpolation of the surface
of the object.  I have successfully used the TWJ Delaunay package for
portions of the object that are uniquely valued in a sectioning plane,
but a would like a more general approach that can handle generic 3D
surfaces.  Has anyone coded the marching cubes algorithm or a 3D Delaunay
triangulation?  I welcome any suggestions or pointers.

Matt Reed
University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute
mreed at umich.edu