Why doesn't this simplify further?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5998] [mg5964] Why doesn't this simplify further?
- From: Allan Hayes <hay at haystack.demon.co.uk>
- Date: Sat, 8 Feb 1997 22:38:26 -0500
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
Michael Hucka <hucka at eecs.umich.edu> [mg5964] Why doesn't this simplify further? writes > I encountered the following in mma 2.2: > > In:= PowerExpand[ (1/4)^n 2^(2 n)] > > 1 n 2 n > Out= (-) 2 > 4 > ..... > I don't understand why PowerExpand doesn't simplify this further. Michael, In Version 3.0, Expand[ (1/4)^n 2^(2 n)] and P[(1/4)^n 2^(2 n)] for P like PowerExpand, Simplify, Factor all give 1. Allan Hayes hay at haystack.demom.co.uk http://hay at haystack.demom.co.uk