Toolbars in 3.0

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg5773] Toolbars in 3.0
  • From: bhunt at (Brian R. Hunt)
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 14:58:29 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am confused by the documentation on "toolbars" in 3.0.  I gather
that there are supposedly 3 different toolbars available in the
Notebook interface, namely:

All of these can ostensibly be selected through the Option Inspector,
yet I cannot get the EditBar to show up in the Unix version.  Is there
something wrong with my installation or is this normal?  Also, I
cannot get a LinksBar under either Unix or Windows 95 (I have not
tried Mac or Next).

Perhaps it is not coincidental that the Format menu in Windows offers
both "Show Ruler" and "Show Toolbar", the latter of which calls up
what is called the EditBar in the Option Inspector, whereas the Format
menu in Unix only offers "Show Ruler".

Brian R. Hunt
bhunt at