Compiling for speed for vectors and matrices

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg5787] Compiling for speed for vectors and matrices
  • From: "Wolfgang Hitzl" <W.Hitzl at uibk.ac.at>
  • Date: Sat, 18 Jan 1997 14:58:38 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Dear friends,

I use mathematica 2.2 and I really enjoy its applications.

There is the Compile function to speed up commands which is
very useful.

I have applied this to speed up the calculations for
functions with real numbers.

Now my question:

Is there a way to apply Compile also to real matrices and
vectors?

This is very important for me, because I have to do  a lots
of calculations.

Any help is appreciated

Best wishes to you and hope to hear soon from you

Wolfgang