defining function over new Notation ?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg5626] defining function over new Notation ?
- From: Cyrill Oseledets <oseledet at scf.usc.edu>
- Date: Wed, 1 Jan 1997 21:04:55 -0500
- Organization: USC
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have a problem with defining new function which will use as arguments a new notation (defined by Notation.m package). That is an example: I defined: Notation[CircleTimes[x_,y_]<=>TensorProduct[x_,y_]] Now I want to define new function: HoldPattern[Funct[CircleTimes[x_,y_]]:=CircleTimes[Funct[x],Funct[y]], But now ?Funct will give me HoldPattern[Funct[TensorProduct[x_,y_]]:=TensorProduct[Funct[x],Funct[y]] and my input in the form "CircleTimes" will not be evaaluated by "Funct"(since pattern will not match). Could I still define my function preserving my notation?