Re: calling external programs with win95 version
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7831] Re: [mg7765] calling external programs with win95 version
- From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
- Date: Mon, 14 Jul 1997 03:01:13 -0400
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
> I've been trying to call an external program and get it's output with
> mma 3 under win95 using
> a=<< "!command <options>"
> but no luck..in the manual it says this does'nt work for all OS's... Am
> i out of luck?
I have had good luck with Run. My program wrote its output to a data
file and I had Mma read it. I also had the input to the program via a
file and I had the program read it. If you are writing your own
external program, perhaps you could alter it to function in this manner.
Prev by Date:
Re: Breaking a sphere surface area into equal portions?
Next by Date:
Re: Q: Help on Plotting with Mathematica
Previous by thread:
calling external programs with win95 version
Next by thread:
Parametric Plot and Extracting Plot Points.