Hamming Method, Algorithm 8, help massage data?

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7897] Hamming Method, Algorithm 8, help massage data?
  • From: "greg" <gregn at sb.net>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Jul 1997 15:35:56 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I have a friend (at wxyz97 at silcom.com )who has a probably simple problem
for the math wiz out there.

He's looking to analyze supplied data I think ("for probabilities of events
based on price type data") using the "Hamming Method" (with Mathimatica?):

http://e2.tam.uiuc.edu/TAM370/Mathematica/odes/odes8.html

Greg

PS Even though I have an engineering degree, I am basically clueless.

PPS I did not read the FAQs (if any) or guide for this newsgroup; so sorry
if this request is out of line.