recovering from forgetfulness

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg7759] recovering from forgetfulness
  • From: Michael <malak at>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 04:41:29 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

Is there a way in Mathematica to recover from forgetting to include a
package?  For example, I type:

and Mathematica returns the same thing back.  So I go, "Ooops, I forgot
to load a package."  So I type:

but instead of being all nice and good this gives me errors like:

Set::write:Tag ImplicitPlot in Options[ImplicitPlot] is Protected.

Clear[ImplicitPlot] does not help.  Even after trying to load
ImplicitPlot, I am still stuck with an expression that just evaluates to

Is there any way to reset Mathematica without quitting even the kernel?

michael at