Precision in own functions
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7746] Precision in own functions
- From: Yves Drexlmeier <drexl at mathematik.uni-kl.de>
- Date: Mon, 7 Jul 1997 04:41:19 -0400
- Organization: Dep. of Mathematics, Uni Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I wrote a numerical funktion on Mathematika 2.2 and want to evaluate it with
a higher precision then 16. Trying with SetPrecision and SetAccuracy made
no better results (even not longer results i.e with more digits as it happens
when you applie SetPrecision)
Searching the error I found out that
if you subtrackt two equal numbers with High Precision
say N[1/3,40]-N[3/9,40] Mathematika gives 0. 10^-41 with a precision of 0.
Is there a possibility to avoid this? For my intresst an exact 0 or 0 with
the desired precision (40 in the example) would do it.
drexl at mathematik.uni-kl.de
Prev by Date:
Next by Date:
2d-interpolation on non-equidistant data grid ?
Previous by thread:
Next by thread:
Re: Precision in own functions