multiple ListPlot3D help required

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7788] multiple ListPlot3D help required
  • From: phs503e at vaxc.cc.monash.edu.au
  • Date: Tue, 8 Jul 1997 22:41:05 -0400
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hi.. I would like some help with ploting some 3D listplot graphs.
In particular I need to plot 2 graphs on the same axes...one lot
of data has positive values, the other negative. The problem is though
that not all the data in the 2x2 array is useful...I have set
these elements to -10 by default (for the +ve data, +10 for the -ve).
When just doing one 3D ListPlot there is no probs as I can set the
plotrange to 0->x , and then set ClipFill->None, and this does
the effect I want.. i.e. doesn't show any patches where the
data is junk i.e. -10. I do the same for the -ve data, this time
with a plotrange -x->0 , which clips of the +10 junk. But when
I show them on the same graph with a Show or similar, the plotrange
needs to be from -x->+x , but then all the 'junk' -10 and +10 data
elements show up as patches again... this is what I am
trying to eliminate.

Is there anyway to do this? Thanks for any help

Scott S