Is there an Unformat in MMA 3.0?
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7588] Is there an Unformat in MMA 3.0?
- From: Hans-Peter Kunzle <HP.Kunzle at UAlberta.ca>
- Date: Thu, 19 Jun 1997 03:13:51 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: University of Alberta, Edmonton, Canada
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
In order to simplify input and to maintain some compatibility with version 2.2 I have used Format to get nicer output for certain symbols. For example Format[la] = Subscript[\[ScriptL],a] or Format[Ph'[x]] = \[Phi]' But there are situations when I would like to revert to the original form. I have tried FormatValues[la] = . but this does not seem to work (always) and cannot be done in the case of the second example. Is there some way to completely erase formatting information about specific symbols and expressions? -- H.P. Kunzle | Office: (403)492-3798,492-3396 Dept. of Mathematical Sciences | Fax: (403)492-6826 University of Alberta | E-mail: HP.Kunzle at UAlberta.ca Edmonton, Canada T6G 2G1 | WWW:http://vega.math.ualberta.ca/~hkunzle