- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7630] "Smart" Editing
- From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
- Date: Fri, 20 Jun 1997 16:16:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I have had it with "smart" editing. I think the goal was to have some help with parenthesis matching and page layout, but it is buggy and I get tired of looking through a 10 screen long cell to find out where the cursor jumped to. The latest manifestation of buggy "smart" editing is that if I insert a Print statement, the next print statement in line changes its [ to a large [ and generates an error message when I enter send the cell to the kernel. This requires that I go through the cell looking for unmatched large parenthesis which I had nothing to do with inserting. Does anyone know how to turn the smart editing off?