Q: Processing file in Mathematica

I am relatively new to mathematica, only using simple features. I need to
process a file in mathematica, and output it into a file again.
More specifically the steps needed to be peformed in a cycle are:
1. Read the file - 5 numbers at a time - one row of a table
2. Perform an operation (FFT) on those 5 numbers
3. Output the result into another file.

I would greatly appreciate if someone can give me a simple solution to this.

Thanks,
Lubosh
*******If emailing back please Watch The SPAMStopper*********************
--
Lubosh Hanuska
Division of Psychology

Please add the country extension  .au  to the email address when replying !!!