problems with precision

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg7646] problems with precision
  • From: Axel Breuer <u970870 at>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jun 1997 03:36:09 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I am a french student doing a trainee on mathematica. There is another
team having the same project as I have but it's working with Maple.
We had to calculate with high accuracy (more than 20 digits) the solution
of a 2 dimensional non-linear system. The problem to solve was very easy.
But Maple and Mathematica agreed only on the 15 first digits. I used the
function SetPrecision. Is there another function to set calculus precision

Here is the listing of my routine in Mathematica :

, {p, 1, 20, 1}]

ListPlot[{x, y} /. rr]

r={x, y} /. rr;