Re: Replace expressions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg7655] Re: Replace expressions
  • From: hans.steffani at (Hans Steffani)
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 1997 01:36:42 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

hans.steffani at (Hans Steffani) writes:

>I want to replace all expressions
>Dot[a, xx]
>Dot[xx, a]
>for certain as by

To say it in other words
I have a list certainas, which contains a number of symbols.

This symbols are scalars and therefore I am allowed to substitute
Dot[a,b] by Times[a,b] if a or b is in the list certainas.

How can this be done.

The solutions I got do not fit to the problem.

Hans Friedrich Steffani
Hans Friedrich Steffani
Institut fuer Elektrische Maschinen und Antriebe, TU Chemnitz-Zwickau
mailto:hans.steffani at