Hyperlinks

I can't seem to make a working hyperlink to another notebook. I
select some text in a notebook, choose "Make hyperlink" from the
input menu, browse for the target notebook and click "ok". The
selected text is converted to something that looks like a hyperlink,
but it doesn't work. When I click on it, I get a message window
containing the stuff attached below. Any suggestions?

--
Frank Beatrous                            Department of Mathematics
beatrous+ at pitt.edu                        University of Pittsburgh