trouble integrating Bessel Functions

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg6484] trouble integrating Bessel Functions
  • From: Chris Pankratz <pankratz at>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 1997 21:38:31 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have encountered a curious problem calculating the fourier transform of a
modified bessel function.  Mathematica 2.2 will calculate it just fine, but
Mathematica 3.0 won't.  Can anyone assist?  Thanks.

Mathematica 2.2 does it just fine:

(1/Sqrt[2 Pi]) * Integrate[BesselK[0, t] Exp[I w t], {t, -Infinity,

Sqrt[1 + w ]

Mathematica 3.0 doesn't seem to have the right integration package loaded
   - it just echoes the command back to me, without giving a result.