non-negative least squares

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg6524] non-negative least squares
  • From: onm010 at (Dr. Stefan P. Mueller)
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 1997 22:23:58 -0500 (EST)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

For a current data analysis project with noisy data we need to fit
parameters which are physically constrained to positive values. There
seems to be an advantage to using a non-negative least squares algorithm,
e.g. Lawson & Hanson's NNLS, which is available, e.g. in Fortran or as a
MATLAB function. For various reasons we would like to use Mathematica but
we haven't been able to find an implementation of either this algorithm or
something similar.

Do you have or know the whereabouts of NNLS in Mathematica?

Thank you very much!

Dr. Stefan P. Mueller, Nuklearmedizin, Universitaetsklinikum, D-45122 Essen,
 FR Germany, e-mail: stefan.mueller at, FAX: <49> (201) 723-4146

Dr. Stefan P. Mueller, Nuklearmedizin, Universitaetsklinikum, Essen,
 e-mail: onm010 at, phone: <49> 201/ 723-4179, FAX: -5964