Re: Re: Input using palettes

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg7204] Re: [mg7190] Re: Input using palettes
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 1997 02:30:37 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Tom Burton wrote:

> On 13 May 1997 02:02:32 -0400, Robert <100706.1310 at CompuServe.COM> wrote:
> >One thing i have not worked out is how you hide the   In:=    code from the Out.
> >The obvious example being Plot[] input which can look very messy once you have
> >'tarted up' the results with changes for fonts, AspectRatios etc. Is there a way
> >of seeing just the Graphics and not the code that created it ?
> >
> What I do is change "Cell/General Properties/Cell Open -> False" for all cells with style Input in the Options Inspector. All input cells disappear. Of course, you can do this cell by cell also.
>
> One think I would like to do that I have not been able to do: make this change in the Printout style but not in the Working style, so that Input cells show on screen but not when printed. Does anyone know how to do that?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom Burton

I have a kludgey work around.  Close the file and re-open it, all the
In/Out markers disappear.  The definitions are still in the kernel, so
you don't lose anything on your session.  Alternately, you can type a
single space in an input cell, or cut and paste an output cell to get
the same effect without closing and opening the entire file.  I am sure
you wanted something more elegant, though.