  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg7289] Printing
  • From: Gerry Flanagan <flanagan at>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 09:19:43 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

You may not believe this one but I'm absolutely sure its true.
There is something in the tranditional output form of MMA-3 that physically
jams my printer. I have an HP-5MP with postscript and a Win95 system.
Certain equations cause the printer to jam in the middle of ejecting a page.
It causes me extensive grief to get the printer functioning again. I can
reliably repeat the physical jam at the same spot each time. I don't have
the time to isolate the exact character or sequence of characters that cause
the problem. Graphics and standard form work fine.

I reported this to WRI during the beta testing, and got no respose. I wanted
to wait a few months and see if anyone else has this problem.
Gerry F.