Re: Nonlinear Fit Problem

  • To: mathgroup at
  • Subject: [mg7285] Re: Nonlinear Fit Problem
  • From: junkin <junkin at>
  • Date: Thu, 22 May 1997 09:19:31 -0400 (EDT)
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at

I have included a simple example below just to demonstrate the problems
that I have encountered with the NonlinearFit routine (in the
Statistics'NonlinearFit' package).  As you can clearly see, the addition
of a constant gives an erronious fit.  Is there a patch available, or is
this a feature that I do not understand?  I am using Mathmatica version

Thank you,
David Junkin

(a + 1) - 1/6 b x + 1/120 c x^2 ,{x}, {a,b,c}]

a - 1/6 b x   1/120 c x^2 ,{x}, {a,b,c}]

0.9800 + 1.014285 x + 0.01428 x^2

-0.01991.01428 x + 0.01428 x^2