- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7396] Re: [mg7338] rules->function
- From: "Sherman.Reed" <sherman.reed at worldnet.att.net>
- Date: Fri, 30 May 1997 01:20:03 -0400 (EDT)
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
This worked for me
Sherman C. Reed
sherman.reed at worldnet.att.net
> From: Lord of Darkness <j.biddiscombe at rl.ac.uk>
To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
> To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
> Subject: [mg7396] [mg7338] rules->function
> Date: Tuesday, May 27, 1997 9:27 PM
> Hello All,
> If I solve a set of simultaneous equations and get a simple answer like
> zrule = z-> x^2 + y^2
> but I then want to evaluate
> fn[x_,y_] := z + some more stuff.....
> I tried saying
> fn[x_,y_] := Replace[z,zrule] + ....
> but it doesn't seem to handle it the way I wanted...
> Is there a correct way of doing this ?
> John B
Prev by Date:
Re: Export Numbers
Next by Date:
Re: Nonlinear Fit Problem
Previous by thread:
Next by thread: