Q: why is 2D-FFT incredibly slow in Mma3.0 ??
- To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
- Subject: [mg7031] Q: why is 2D-FFT incredibly slow in Mma3.0 ??
- From: wacb at aplcomm.jhuapl.edu (Bill Christens-Barry)
- Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 21:30:55 -0400 (EDT)
- Organization: Johns Hopkins Univ. Applied Physics Laboratory
- Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com
I'm trying to do 2D Fast Fourier Transforms using Fourier in Mma v3.0 running on a 120MHz Macintosh. My arrays are reals, 256 x 256. Why does this take ~ tens of seconds? How can I speed things up? Will compliation in Mma help? Wolfram techsupport says it won't. Where can I see concrete examples or tutorials on the creation of externals C code for compilation under CodeWarrior (v10 or v11) and that are called by Mma? I don't look forward to learning the down and dirty of how to do this without some guidance? Any help or suggestions most welcome. Thanks. Bill Christens-Barry