backets for non-american keybords, 2.2.3

Hello everybody,

I have a problem with Mathematica not recognizing the brackets of my
german keybord (Unix, OSF/1 on DEC).

There are two workarounds described in the FAQ-pages of the
www.wolfram.com site. But I think they only work for version 3.0. So,
there was no SystemFiles subdirectory in the main Mathematica
directory. Further I did not find a hint for "paletts" in any
documentation for version 2.2.3 - maybe this is a new feature of
version 3.0 ... .

If there is anybody out there having had the same problem (must have
occured somewhere) or knowing any remedy, dont hesitate and please
send me a mail.

Many thanks and by, best wishes
Martin

--

        ,,,         Martin Hoffmann
       (. .)        Institut fuer Biochemie und Biophysik
E-Mail: hoffmann at morgaine.biologie.uni-jena.de
Tel:    +49/3641/631168  Fax:  +49/3641/425039