Customizing output format

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9460] Customizing output format
  • From: John Kiehl <jkiehl at interport.net>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 02:40:06 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I would like to create a function that takes 2 integers as input and
displays their product in the style of a grade school student.  For
example:  f[123,456] would output:

     123
     456
     ___
     738
    615
   492
________
   56088

Of course I want the lines as well as the numbers and I would like
things flush right in the cell.  Thanks in advance.