Re: Frontend bug

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9540] Re: [mg9520] Frontend bug
  • From: seanross at worldnet.att.net
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 01:40:05 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Lonnell Peters wrote:

> I am having a problem with my front end for Mathematica 3.0. When I
> first open  up a notebook, and then open up another window from this
> notebook (ie. the help  browser or the style sheet editor), my notebook
> will freeze up. I can no longer  enter input into it. The only way I
> can continue is to open a new notebook, and  close up the frozen one.
> Does anybody know anything about this? I'm using  Mathematica on RedHat
> Linux 4.2 (kernel version 2.0.30). Thanks.
>
> Lonnell Peters
> EECS Graduate Student
> University of California, Berkeley
> (lonnell at robotics.eecs.berkeley.edu)

I have a similar problem on a different system.  I use Mathematica 3.0.1
on a Win95 pentium.  My problem is that opening more than one window
dramatically increases the probability that the entire front-end window
will become garbled and require that the front-end be shut down and
started again.  This phenomena also happens with the insert
Matrix-Table-Palette command.  I insert it, the notebook becomes
garbled, I save the notebook,then shut down the front end and restart
it and I can enter data in the matrix template. --
Remove the _nospam_ in the return address to respond.