Re: Re: [mg9568}Color Printing -- Thanks

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9703] Re: [mg9645] Re: [mg9568}Color Printing -- Thanks
  • From: David Withoff <withoff>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 01:31:52 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> One thing to realize is that the definition of a "bug" has to do with
> your expectations.  If it is arguable that somebody, somewhere might
> like the feature or if it is arguable that somebody other than wolfram
> might have something to do with the feature, then the folks at wolfram
> will often not consider it a bug at all.   --

Do you have any examples of this?  It is certainly true that "bug" means
different things to different people, but I hope that most people would
agree that the best definition falls somewhere between defining any
behavior that somebody, somewhere does't like as a bug, and defining
any behavior that somebody, somewhere does like as not a bug.  Do you
have any examples where some behavior was explicitly declared not to be
a bug because somebody, somewhere might like it, or because somebody
outside of Wolfram Research had something to do with it?

Dave Withoff
Wolfram Research