Re: Book recommendation for

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9698] Re: Book recommendation for
  • From: merx at pc.chemie.tu-darmstadt.de (Hendrik Merx)
  • Date: Fri, 21 Nov 1997 01:31:41 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

In article <64e8eh$qgr at smc.vnet.net>, Peter
<psalzman at landau.ucdavis.edu> wrote:

> Mathematica is one of the best programs around, and wri, IMHO, is the
> single best company in terms of customer support and satisfaction.

I don't think that a company that charges the upgrade price for a bug
fix is the single best company in terms of customer support.

That said, I recommend the book by Shaw and Tigg, although it covers
only Version 2 it gets you up and running quickly.

Hope this helps

--
Hendrik Merx
Physical Chemistry I