numerical eigenfuncs/values

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9751] numerical eigenfuncs/values
  • From: Deborah Leddon <dl0004 at jove.acs.unt.edu>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 00:06:54 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Hello:
I would like to inquire if anyone knows offhand of a good advanced level
programming text/code that addresses the computation(mathematica or c)
of numerical eigenfunctions and eigenvalues for second order PDEs. I am
writing a mathematica code which does this and am curious if anyone out
there has successfully implemented their program.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions. D. Leddon