"Unhandled memory fault"

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9756] "Unhandled memory fault"
  • From: "AntiquePhoto.Com" <blancast at antiquephoto.com>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 00:07:00 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

I just reinstalled Mathematica, ver. 2.2.3, on a Win95 platform.  I
haven't used it is a couple of years.  But when I try to input
something, such as 2+2, there's a long pause (I figure it's starting up
the kernel) but then the message "Mathematica Kernel: Unhandled memory
fault" pops up.  When I shut the front end down I get the statement,
"Frontend - An error has occurred."  Then Windows announces that the
program has performed an illegal operation.

Help.

Bruce Lancaster