Re: Mathematica Printing Problems

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9736] Re: Mathematica Printing Problems
  • From: "Stephen P Luttrell" <luttrell at signal.dra.hmg.gb>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 00:06:37 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

> Is anyone else _pissed off_ that v3.0.1 can't properly print without
> intervention from the user (i.e. manually downloading the fonts to the
> printer). This has serious ramifications in my ability to use
> Mathematica in the manner I have for years.
>
> stuff deleted...

You don't say what O/S you use, so I'll just have to hope you use
Windows NT 4 like me. Apologies if my assumption is wrong. I used to
have the problem you describe until I set things up so that the problem
fonts are automatically (i.e. no need for any manual intervention)
downloaded to the printer as soft fonts. In NT 4 you do the following:

1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Start the Printers applet from within the Control Panel. 3.
Right-click on the appropriate printer, and select "Properties". 4.
Select the Device Settings tab in the printer properties dialog. 5.
Scroll down to the Font Substitution Table. 6. Change the setting of
the problem font(s) to "Download as Soft Font".

Good luck.

--
Stephen P Luttrell
luttrell at signal.dra.hmg.gb
Adaptive Systems Theory                           01684-894046 (phone)
Room EX21, DERA                                    01684-894384 (fax)

Malvern, Worcs, WR14 3PS, U.K.
http://www.dra.hmg.gb/cis5pip/Welcome.html