Re: printing eps-graphics on postscript pri

  • To: mathgroup at smc.vnet.net
  • Subject: [mg9716] Re: printing eps-graphics on postscript pri
  • From: tharter at nswc.navy.mil (Terry Harter)
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 1997 00:06:12 -0500
  • Sender: owner-wri-mathgroup at wolfram.com

Paul Hinton (WRI) wrote:
===
David M.F. Chapman wrote:

> In Article <631g87$njc at smc.vnet.net>, Rainer Bielefeld
> <Rainer.Bielefeld at ruhr-uni-bochum.de> wrote:
>
> >we have some problems with printings eps-graphics including some special
> >characters on our PostSript-Printer.
>
> I had similar problems on my Mac, but they were fixed by the "bug-fix"
> upgrade to 3.0.1.  All registered owners of 3.0 should get this.

The bug fix that David describes addresses problems that occur when
printing notebooks, but it will not resolve the font substitutions that
you see when you try to print out a Mathematica-generated EPS file by
itself.
====

      When can we users expect a fix to this problem?    The ONLY way
that  I've gotten around this problem is to, as Paul indicates,
DOWNLOAD the Type 1 fonts to the printer BEFORE printing the graphic
containing fonts. I was trying to print a regular PS file containing
fonts for the axes label. Mathematica 3.0 does not (on my system at
least) generate EPS or TIFF correctly.  On one of my printers (IBM 4029
connected serially) THAT takes a full 30 minutes!!   This is
unsatisfactory.
      ....Terry